The second running of the Cockfield Chase takes place on Thursday 29th April, 2021.
Cockfield Chase is designed as a beginners fell race, organised by Durham Fell Runners, licensed by the Fell Runners Association (FRA).
All runners are welcome (age 14+), whatever your ability or experience, so long as you think you can safely get around the 7km off road route. It’s half race, half social run.
- The first lap is a socially distanced group run to see the route – 3.5km, starting at 7pm.
- The second lap is the race – 3.5km, starting immediately as the first runners finish the first loop.
- Route: No map required, you are shown the route on the night .
- Experience: None required. Suitable for beginners with off road running shoes.
- Distance: 7km
- Elevation Gain: 160m
- Pre Entry: £5 (FRA Members), £6 (non members).
- Entry on the day is not available.
- Age: 14+
There will be no prize giving in line with Covid guidelines, the prize fund will be donated to a local charity – suggestions welcome. The event will be run in accordance with current EA and FRA guidelines around Covid-19.
Participants must not attend any race if they are showing any signs of Covid-19 symptoms:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to sense of smell or taste
Collection of numbers (by runners) will be outdoors. Participants should maintain social distancing of 2m (or 1m+ with face coverings; a doubled-up neck gaiter will suffice.
Participants must practise good personal hygiene at all times (including use of 70%+ alcohol hand sanitiser) – before arriving and at registration.
Mass starts are possible with social distancing of 2m (or 1m+ with face coverings).
Participants should avoid running in the slipstream of other participants. Overtaking on course must be done at a safe distance of 2m+
Participants should disperse as soon as possible after finishing.
Spectating is not permitted, with the aim of keeping total attendee numbers low.
Parking: Please park as directed by marshals at the car park at the top of Cockfield (DL13 5HF) main street.
DO NOT PARK IN THE VILLAGE OR BLOCKING VISIBILITY AT THE JUNCTION.