Friday 20th December 2024,
Silent Night Race
This race is organised by Durham Fell Runners and licensed and supported by the Fell Runners Association.
Silent Night is the dark festive cousin of Chapelfell Top Race. It is 6.6km with 370m of ascent, run entirely in the dark, on an unmarked route, on rough pathless ground up to the 703m summit of Chapelfell Top above St John’s Chapel, Weardale. Navigation will be required. No poles & GPS is not allowed to be used for navigation, but the use of a GPS device to display distance travelled, time, speed or altitude is allowed. Entries will be via SI Entries. You must provide verifiable evidence of completing two events which include off path navigation such as Mountain Marathons, orienteering events or AL Lakeland (or similar) races (trail races/sky races/short fell races won’t be accepted). Kit requirements are extensive and will be strictly enforced. If you aren’t sure if you have enough relevant experience please read no further, this is not a race for people without extensive fell racing experience. Start at 7pm.
Parking & registration
Chatterbox Cafe, 11 Market Place, St. Johns Chapel, Weardale, DL13 1QF.
- In all weather conditions
- Map (supplied at registration)
- Compass (suitable for navigation – not a button/toy compass)
- Head Torch
- Spare Head Torch
- Waterproof top with integrated hood and taped seems
- Waterproof bottoms with taped seems
- Emergency food
- Emergency Bivvy Bag (not a blanket)
- SPARE Warm insulated top and SPARE full length tights in a waterproof bag
- Mobile Phone with RO phone number stored in it 07739462684