The races for this year’s club champs are below.
Please be aware that the majority of this year’s races are pre-entry only, and some of them are filling up very fast (Ennerdale is already full!). The only exceptions to this are the two BOFRA races, which are still advertised as entry on the day. I encourage you to look at the entry details on the FRA’s website for any races that you fancy, and get your entry submitted in the required fashion, as soon as you can. FRA races link is below.
Also attached are the rules for this year. Scoring will be as previous years; your best scoring race from each category will count towards your total. Look out for the addition of a bonus points opportunity, if you complete at least one long and five other races.
It’s been a bit of a challenge to find a selection of races, with a much reduced calendar this year. There’s still an almost complete absence of North York Moor and Northumberland races, understandably so, but it does mean that a bit more effort and travelling is likely to be required this year.
As always, please follow and respect any latest pandemic guidance and any new restrictions on travel etc. if and when these occur.Hopefully, things slowly get back to normal throughout this year, and I’d love to see lots of DFR vests at the nominated races.
|Date||Race||FRA Category||DFR Category||Location|
|23/05/2021||Coniston Gullies ( BOFRA) [results]||AS||SHORT||Lake District|
|12/06/2021||Ennerdale Horseshoe||AL||LONG||Lake District|
|24/07/2021||Old Crown Round||AL||LONG||Lake District|
|07/08/2021||Turner Landscape||AM||MEDIUM||Lake District|
|05/09/2021||Burnsall (BOFRA)||AS||SHORT||Yorkshire Dales|
- The club championship will consist of 9 FRA Fell Races. There will be two races selected for the club championship in each of the FRA categories of Short, Medium and Long (S, M & L).
- Points will be awarded based on finishing positions in each of the 9 races.
- The participant’s total points for the season will be calculated by adding together the points they have received for their highest scoring race in each of the 3 categories.
- 5 additional points will be awarded to all runners completing a minimum of 6 nominated races, if at least 1 race is from the ‘Long’ category.
- The points awarded in each race will be as follows:
- 1st – 40 points
- 2nd – 39 Points
- 3rd – 38 points
- 4th – 37 points
- and so on …
- There will be separate scoring in men’s and women’s club championship competitions.
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions in both the men’s and women’s club championship competitions.
- In the event of a tie in any of the prize positions, the following tie-breaker process will be employed:
The head to head results of the tied participants will be considered
If there is still a tie, then the tied participant’s will be invited to complete a ‘lockdown-style’ independent challenge. The exact format of this will remain undefined until after the final race of the season, but enough time will be allowed for each of the tied competitors to complete the challenge, prior to the Club Championship presentation at the 2021 Christmas Do.