For a preview of the race and general race organiser chat with Charlie Baker, click here for the latest episode of On the Back Foot.
Chapelfell Top Fell Race
Information for Runners
Sunday 23rd July
Men’s race 1pm start
Women’s race 2pm start
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our fell race up Chapelfell Top. The race is unmarked and goes across rough ground. Please ensure that you are wearing appropriate footwear and clothing and are prepared for the conditions.
This race is licensed by the FRA and is run in line with their rules. GPS must not be used for navigation and no walking poles are permitted in this event.
Race number; collect at registration
Timing dibber; collect at registration
Map; available to download on the race website, some will also be available at registration
Waterproof top with integrated hood and taped seams
Bring and be prepared to carry depending on the weather forecast:
Waterproof bottoms with taped seams
Race day information
- Car parking will be available in a field to the east of the village, £5 per car. Please car share if possible as space will be limited. What3Words https://w3w.co/depth.brambles.normal
- Portaloo toilets will be located in the finishing field behind the cattle mart.
- Registration will take place in Barrington Hall on the village green and will be open from 11am. Please arrive in plenty of time to park and go through registration prior to your race start time – allow an hour. Men’s race starts at 1pm. Women’s race starts at 2pm.
- Water will be at the finish. Some paper cups will be available but please bring your own bottle if you can. These can be left in the finishing field while you race.
- Post-race refreshments will be available to purchase from Scoops and Smiles ice cream van, Piggy Blinders burger van, Chatterbox Café, the Blue Bell Inn (offering cakes, sandwiches and hot and cold drinks) and the Golden Lion pub.
- Pete Bland will be at registration with his van for any last minute kit purchases.
- Prizegiving will take place at Barrington Hall after the completion of the women’s race (approx. 3pm).
We look forward to seeing you on the day and hope that you have a great run!